TOPEKA CITY HALL -- The City of Topeka will accept applications beginning at 8:30 a.m. Friday, October 14th, at 620 SE Madison, first floor, from those needing assistance paying their Westar electric bill, Kansas Gas Service bill, and City of Topeka water bill that if left unpaid could lead to homelessness.
Applicants cannot be homeowners, must live within the city limits of Topeka and have incomes at 50% of the median family gross annual income or below.
More specifically, a one person household can’t have an income of more than $22,200; two-person, $25,350; three-person, $28,500; four-person, $31,650; five-person, $34,200; six-person, $36,750; seven-person, $39,250; and eight-person, $41,800.
Applicants must show:
* Proof of household income for the past 60 days
* Original photo ID for all adults in household (no copies)
* Original Social security cards for all household members (no copies)
* Current Westar electric or City water disconnect notice.
* Lease agreement- must state that tenant is responsible for utilities (no faxes will be accepted)
All adults in the household are required to attend and the units will be inspected. Applicants living in Section 8, Shelter Plus Care and Public Housing Units are not eligible for assistance. Applicants who received previous utility assistance may not be eligible and will be reviewed on a case by case basis. Applications for assistance will not be accepted without all required documentation.
(Special Note: ADA or Special Needs Notice: For special accommodations or questions for this event, contact Corrie Wright, 785-368-3711, at least three working days in advance.)