This Week’s Hot Jobs!
For further assistance, contact Topeka Workforce Center
1430 SW Topeka Blvd, Topeka. PH: 785-235-5627 for assistance.
See www.kansasworks.com for complete job details!
Call toll-free: 1-877-509-6757
Hot Job #1:
Company: Kansas Department of Transportation
Position: Inspector General
This position serves as the Office Chief for the Office of Inspector General by directing and managing the auditing program for KDOT. Reviews and approves all audit programs and budgets. Performs special investigations of alleged impropriety and investigations on a variety of sensitive and/or confidential issues. Report's findings of investigations to the Secretary.
Requirements: Four years of experience in planning, organizing and directing the work of a department, program or agency. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency. Four years of experience supervising or managing staff performing audit functions. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certified Internal Auditor (CIA). Preferred: • Masters degree in accounting with an emphasis in auditing, particularly in the government sector. Experience and knowledge of Government Auditing Standards. Experience performing investigations and interviews. Knowledge of KDOT policies, procedures, rules, and regulations, as well as applicable State and Federal policies and procedures.
To Apply: Visit http://jobs.ks.gov
Hot Job #2:
Company: Topeka Public Schools
Position: Physical Therapist
Responsibilities: Will provide direct and indirect services to student’s pre-K through high school. Qualifications: Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy (minimum) from an accredited college or university. Must have, or be eligible for, current Physical Therapy license from the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts. School based Physical Therapy experience helpful.
To Apply: Visit www.topeka.k12.ks.us
Hot Job #3:
Company: Foley Equipment
Position: Shop Manager
• To maintain efficient and profitable management of the Service Department.
• To assist in hiring and retaining a top-notch crew as well as provide direction, training and guidance to employees in a clean, orderly and safe environment.
• Supervise and evaluate service staff
• Maintain performance evaluation system
• Conduct regular informational meetings
• Associates or bachelors degree preferred
• Minimum 4 years mechanical experience, prior management experience preferred
• Familiarity with Foley Equipment and CAT procedures and systems, including BMTS, DBS, SIS, and other word processing and database software is highly desirable
• Leadership skills (doing the right thing besides just doing things right)
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Positive outlook, sense of fair play, responsive to employee needs
To Apply: Visit www.foleyeq.com/jobs
Hot Job #4:
Company: Topeka Metro
Position: Bus Operator
Topeka Metro is seeking professional Bus Operators to provide safe & courteous public transit service. Must be at least 21 years of age, have a steady work history, and be able to pass physical, drug screen, & background check. This position requires a Class B CDL with airbrakes and passenger endorsements. Topeka Metro offers great benefits & KPERS membership.
To Apply: Visit http://topekatransit.com/employment-opportunities
Hot Job #5:
Company: Patriot Outfitters
Patriot Outfitters is a tactical supply company looking for someone who can really connect with our customers over the phone and sell.
Small base, but your income will be based on what you produce and completely uncapped. Must be confident, highly-self motivated, an awesome communicator and a great closer. Will train someone who has everything we want. Law Enforcement or Military background a plus.
To Apply: E-mail resume to: steve@PatriotOutfitters.com