EMPORIA STATE UNIVERSITY — Get a taste of Saudi culture during International Education Week at Emporia State University.
International Education Week runs November 14th through 18th and will include information tables in the Memorial Union each day with information about the Office of International Education, Study Abroad and Worldview.
Special events during the week include:
• Showing the movie “The God of Cookery” at 7:00 p.m. Monday, Nov. 14, in Science Hall Room 72;
• An international concert at 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 16 in Heath Recital Hall of Beach Hall;
• Showing the movie “What’s Cooking” at 7:00 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 17 along with a potluck hosted by Black Student Union; and
• Contra dancing at 7:00 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18 in the recreation center gym.
At William Allen White Library on Wednesday, November 16th, members of the Saudi Club at ESU will provide a taste of Arabian culture and folklore from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Plans include:
• Serving Maamoul, traditional cookies, and different varieties of baklava along with Arabian coffee, tea and water;
• Showing artifacts from the Middle East;
• Performing the art of the Arabic language;
• A presentation by the Muslim Student Association about Islam;
• Henna tattooing;
• Demonstrations of traditional music and dance;
• Information about sports in the Middle East; and a
• Photo exhibit from famous places in the Middle East.
For those having only a short time to spend, laptops with PowerPoint presentations will be available for viewing.