Citizen Input Valuable in Maintaining City

By: From 13 News
By: From 13 News

TOPEKA -- The City of Topeka depends upon the eyes and ears of its citizens to report problems with our infrastructure, both emergency and non-emergency issues.

Emergency issues include waterline breaks, sewer backups, and traffic light outages. Non-emergency issues include alley problems, potholes, streetlight outages and street signs down.

All issues can be reported by calling the Public Works Response Center at 368-3111 24-hours a day. Non-emergency issues can also be reported via the internet by logging on at: and filling out the appropriate form.

Those forms and their Web locations are:

·Alley Problems:
·Street Light Outages:
·Street Signs Down:

The City inputs issues into a computer system where they are prioritized and tracked until completion. To aid the City in locating issues, please remember to provide as much detail as possible about their location.

It should be noted that City staff and elected officials also receive messages from citizens via telephone calls and e-mails. We appreciate the information and those issues are placed into our system to be addressed.

631 SW Commerce Pl. Topeka, Kansas 66615 phone: 785-272-6397 fax: 785-272-1363 email:
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 82451907 -
Gray Television, Inc.