Here's what to look for when using or buying space heaters for your home:
* When selecting a heater, look for one that has been tested and certified by a nationally recognized testing lab.
* Select a space heater with a guard around the flame area or heating element. This keeps children, pets and clothing away from the heat source.
* Buy a heater that is the correct size for the area you want to heat. The wrong size could produce more pollutants.
* Read and follow all manufacturer's operating instructions for your heater.
* Keep kids and pets away from space heaters at all times.
* Keep doors open to the rest of the house if you're using an un-vented fuel burning space heater.
* Never leave a space heater on when you go to sleep or leave the area.
* Never use or store flammable liquids like gasoline around a space heater. Vapors can flow from one part of the room to another and be ignited by an open flame
or electrical spark.
* Place all space heaters at least three feet away from bedding, furniture and drapes.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.